Tuesday 11 September 2012

Life Since Now

So in brief, life is quite challenging at the moment. I started a new job in January this year and I'm not really enjoying it as much as I was, purely because of certain attitudes of a few people I work closely with. My team are brilliant, except for one of them who does not work half as hard as I do... This goes unnoticed.
When I was looking for a new job last year I told myself anything would do, this job seemed ideal as we lived in the same town as it was based in, and I thought I would be more creative out of work hours if I wasn't trying to create designs etc. 5 days a week.
Now I'm struggling as everyday is full if the same mundane tasks, I have no passion for what I do and every morning it seems more difficult to get out of bed than the previous day.
I'm sure a lot of people would say that I am lucky, at least I have a job, and I couldn't agree more. I'm just very dissatisfied at the moment with my career, mainly because it isn't one.
I would love to start my own interior design business but from what I believe , the start up costs and outgoings to begin with could leave me in a large amount of debt if things don't work out. I'll keep pondering and maybe do some research, will update you when I decide which path to choose.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Hello! I found your blog through the Filofax Fan page in Facebook, and I must say I love the way you write! Hope to read more from you.

Regarding your job situation, this is actually more common than you think, though in times of "economic balance" it goes fairly unnoticed. People who don't like their jobs and change it are considered "innovating" and "constantly looking for personal advance". It is a good sign, because it means that you don't settle and cosntantly strive to get ahead. However during times of recession the same attitude is seen in a negative light. Add to it, you are made feel guilty, as if the crisis you didn't create should automatically make you agree into suppressing your rights as a worker.

Many employers slack in these times regarding different policies that ensure a good working environment, as if the economical conditions entitle them to abuse you, exploit you and you have to take it or they can fire you and put in your place someone who would do it gladly for less. Crisis or not, high unemployment or not, you have the right to seek to be happy, seek to feel good, and demand to be treated well.

Hope everything is going fine ^_^